- This event has passed.
Special Education Rights Workshop
February 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5
- Are you worried about your child’s progress at school?
- What are your parental rights with regards to your child’s education?
- What are your school district’s responsibilities and mandates?
- What if you disagree with district’s recommendation for your child?
- Do you know how to access and utilize NYSED regulations?
Workshops are designed for parents, educators, and human service professionals. Pre-registration is required. There is a $5 workshop materials fee. If you would like to request a workshop to be scheduled and held at a location more convenient to specific groups of participants, please let us know.
Contact Gloria Toporowski at 845-331-0541 x14 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find
out more about our Special Education Information and Advocacy and to register
A child’s greatest advocate is his/her parent. You are their first teacher and know your child best. When it comes to advocating in the school environment under the umbrella of special education, there are somethings every parent should know. Helping parents and professionals understand their student’s rights is the goal of this workshop. RCAL strongly encourages all parents to take the workshop whether for the first time or as a review. The workshop is required for all new parents seeking special education advocacy with RCAL.