The cold winter months will be here before we know it. It is often during this time that the needs of families are greatest. With that in mind, you may wonder how you can help those in need this season. Here are a few ideas:
- Donate unused clothing in good condition to a local homeless shelter. You will find a list of them here. Coats, hats and scarves are especially welcome this time of year.
- Donate new clothing and personal care items for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault to the Ulster County Crime Victims’ Assistance Program.
- Sign up for Amazon Smile and choose a local charity. With every purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage to that non-profit.
- Volunteer at a local hospital or assisted living facility.
- Volunteer to serve meals at a local soup kitchen. You can find a list of them here.
- Check on an elderly neighbor, especially if they live alone.
- Donate to RCAL. When you do, you help us maintain our current level of service to individuals with disabilities of all ages in the community and beyond.
There are so many ways to help someone in need. And by doing so, you enrich their lives as well as your own. You cannot put a price on that.