What is the Nursing Home
Transition and Diversion
Medicaid Waiver Program?
The Nursing Home Transition and Diversion (NHTD) Medicaid Waiver is a program created to offer New Yorkers with disabilities and senior citizens a way to live in the community instead of in nursing homes. The NHTD program offers a wide range of special services that help people in their daily lives including re-teaching basic skills, service coordination, home accessibility modifications, assistive technology and oversight and supervision for individuals with cognitive issues. Services are flexible, responsive and tailored to the needs of each individual.
Who is eligible for the NHTD Program?
People who want to live in the community instead of a nursing home and meet these requirements, may be eligible:
- 18 years of age or older
- Either live in a nursing home or at risk of going into a nursing home
- Eligible for Medicaid coverage
The following are services you may be eligible for:
- Service Coordination
- Respite Services
- Environmental modifications (e.g. ramps, roll-in shower)*
- Assistive Technology (e.g. communication device)
- Moving Assistance Services
- Community Transition Services
- Community Integration Counseling
- Peer Mentoring*
To apply for the NHTD Program, contact Putnam Independent Living Center at 845-228-7457. If you would like to know more about RCAL‘s NHTD services, please call RCAL at (845) 331-0541.