What is a Representative Payee?
A representative payee is an individual or an organization designated by social security to receive SSI or SSD benefits on a beneficiary’s behalf. The Representative Payee is responsible for helping the beneficiary to budget money and to disburse the beneficiary’s funds to pay for current needs including housing utilities, food, medical expenses, and personal needs items.
Who qualifies for RCAL Representative Payee Services?
- Is currently receiving SSI or SSD or in the process of applying for either
- Is having difficulty managing their finances or has a family member who is currently managing their finances
- Already has a representative payee and would like to switch to RCAL
Services offered by RCAL
- Bill payment using beneficiary’s funds
- Weekly, biweekly or monthly PNA checks
Download a Rep Payee application
Click here to download a packet of the materials you will need to fill out.
Hours of Operation for the Representative Payee Office
- Weekly check distribution: Tuesdays, 1 – 3:45pm
- Telephone Hours: Monday / Wednesday / Friday, 12 – 2pm
- There are no walk-in hours at this time
Call or email us at (845) 331-7039 or email@example.com to determine if the SSI/SSD beneficiary qualifies for representative payee services. Leave a detailed message and one of our specialists will return your call as soon as possible.